Sunday, November 13, 2011

Moment 12


We woke up to a gray sky and puddles left over from a mid-night rain.  Within the first hour of morning the rain began to gently fall and although I love an occasional rainy day I was sad that my boys' last soccer games would be canceled....that's no way to end a season.  As I checked and rechecked my E-mail I finally noticed an E-mail that the game was ON...so we scurried to get my oldest to his 8 am game.  I was especially excited that his team was able to play their last game as this season held some life lessons as they watched a player lose his mom to cancer and then move away.  My husband told me that just as the rain came down sporadically so did the arrival of the players and as each one came running the team would cheer at the teammate "sighting".  Watching this team play tough and with heart during their last game was a perfect metaphor for the season as a whole.  So today I am grateful for a great 2011 soccer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment